For amateur astronomers seeking superior equatorial control and the ease of a precision computerized GOTO system, the NEQ6 PRO SynScanTM is your answer. The Sky-Watcher EQ6 PRO SynScanTM is designed with the novice user in mind. With the user-friendly pushbutton hand control, locating and viewing the treasures of the night sky becomes as easy as a walk in the park. The hand control allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch of a button. The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,000 + objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The NEQ6 SynScanTM also comes with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Power Supply Required: 12 VDC 2Amp Tip positive (not supplied)
- Motor Type: Micro step driven 1.8° stepper motors
- Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9,024,000 steps/rev.)
- Slew Speeds: 2X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 64X, 400X, 500X, 600X, 800X Gear Ratio: 705
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Modes: Dual Axis, R.A. Tracking
- Alignment Methods: One-star Alignment, Two-star Alignment, Three-star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues. Total 42,000 + objects.
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Telescope Mounting: Tube Rings
- Slow-motion Control: R.A. & Dec (motor controlled)
- Tripod: 2" Diameter Stainless Steel Pipe
- Tripod Height: 85-147cm
- Tripod Weight: 7.5Kgs
- Counterweight Shaft Daimeter: 1.8cm
- Counterweight Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
- Mount Weight: 16Kgs
- Mount Height: 41cm
- Counterweight: Two, 5.1Kgs each
- Counterweight Extension Bar
- Supplied with Sky-Watcher 45mm and 75mm dovetail saddle plates
- Total Weight: 23.5Kgs (counterweight not included)
"Best for heavy scopes".... "We practically had to thump it to induce any vibrations"
BBC Sky At Night Magazine
"I like these mounts, they are solid, well thought out and work quietly and effectively"
Astronomy Now Magazine