The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6GT is an exciting evolutionary development of the hugely successful NEQ6 PRO.
The AZ-EQ6GT is a dual purpose, fully functional computerised heavy-duty Go-To/Tracking astronomical mount in both Alt-Azimuth (AZ) and Equatorial (EQ) modes.
Supplied with a Synscan handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its database.
In EQ mode, the AZ-EQ6GT is designed for either visual use or precise astro-imaging. In AZ mode, it is primarily intended for visual use, and in this mode, two telescopes can be mounted simultaneously in parallel.
A great feature of the AZ-EQ6GT is the patented dual-encoder technology. This allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6GT.....a new legend is born!!
- Payload Capacity: 25kg (EQ and AZ modes)
- Tracking Accuracy: 0.1436 arc minutes
- Go-To Capability: EQ and AZ modes
- Synscan Handset Database: over 42,900 celestial objects
- Tracking Speed: sidereal, solar & lunar rates
- Tracking Mode: EQ or AZ, dual or single axis
- PEC control in EQ mode
- Autoguider Port : Yes
- DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Port : Yes
- Motor Type: DC12V stepper motors
- Patented Dual-Encoder design allows manual movement without losing positional information
- Polar alignment: via software control or supplied polar scope
- Alignment methods: 1, 2 or 3 star alignment (EQ) / brightest star or 2 star alignment (AZ)
- Telescope Connection: 2 x dual-fit saddle plates supplied accepting 45mm & 75mm dovetail bars
- RA/DEC Worm Gears: D=92.5mm, 180 teeth, brass
- RA/DEC Axes: D=40mm, steel
- Tripod: 2” Stainless Steel
- Counterweights supplied: 2 x 5kg
- Counterweight Bar: 25mm Diameter
- Mount Body Weight: 15.4kg, Tripod Weight: 7.5kg
- Power requirement: 12V DC 3A (Sky-Watcher 17Ah Power Tank recommended)
Note: Two 5kg Counterweights supplied, not four as shown in main picture