Dave Says: "StarGPS on your Synscan is just superfast! Switch on your mount, and while you're levelling it, the GPS acquires lock on your time, date, and position and enters it automatically to your handset in seconds!
This saves a lot of time setting up and keying in the detail manually, and if you use several other sites offer consistent help in getting accurate GOTO pointing. With Alt-Az all you have to do in ensure that you mount is perfectly level, otherwise you objects will move out of view...
If you're imaging, then this too helps ensure you target is in the frame... The standard Sky-watcher is 16 channels and circa £99 but only works with their mounts. The StarGPS for another £30 will allow you to use it on other mounts if you have them."
Add GPS to your telescope!
The new 65-channel GPS-NX02 receiver works with the Astro-Physics GTO, Celestron NexStar, Losmandy Gemini, Meade 497/497EP Autostar, Audiostar, LX200 Classic, LX200GPS, LX200ACF, RCX400, Orion Atlas/Sirius GoTo, Sky-Watcher SynScan, Vixen StarBook and StarBook Type-S
Imagine if your telescope could access the Global Positioning System so that it always knew when and where you were observing from.
No more checking your watch, looking up site coordinates or fiddling with the keypad to enter the date, time, latitude and longitude.
StarGPS uses a single cable to connect your telescope to the GPS receiver and automatically input these values... making your telescope setup much easier, faster and more precise!
Package include 1 x 65-channel GPS-NX02 receiver and relevant adapter cable for your GOTO mount's handset:
· Fast time-to-first-fix and low power consumption
· High performance 65-channel SkyTraq chipset
· Supports standard NMEA-0183, Meade LX200, Celestron NexStar, Synta Binary and Vixen HTTP protocols
· Automatically detects telescope type (Meade, Celestron, Synta, Vixen or none)
· Switches to standard 4800 baud NMEA output after 45 seconds if no telescope is detected
· Lithium cell sustains internal clock and memory (recharges during normal operation)
· LED power indicator blinks to indicate receiver status
· Automatic cold start with no user initialization required
· Compact design with integrated antenna/receiver
· One-year UK & European warranty (RTB, parts & labour)
· Size: 39 x 45 x 16 mm (1.5" x 1.8" x 0.6")
· Weight: 60 g (2.1 oz)
· 65-channel (-159 dBm sensitivity)
· Warm start in 35 seconds, cold start in 42 seconds
· Update rate: 1 second (default), adjustable*
· Position accuracy: 2.5 meters CEP
· Velocity: 0.1 meters/second
· Time: +/- 100 nanosecond synchronized to GPS time
· Altitude: 18,000 meters (60,000 feet) max
· Velocity: 515 meters/second (1000 knots) max
· Acceleration: 4 G, max
· Interface: RS-232 with 1.5 m (60") cable (PS/2 Female)
· Baud rate: 9600 (default), 4800, 19200, 38400*
· NMEA-0183 Version 3.01 ASCII output: GPGGA, GPGSA, GPGSV, GPRMC, GPVTG
· Meade LX200 Command Set
· Celestron NexStar Communication Protocol (requires hand control firmware version 2.3, 104.0 or 4.0+)
· Synta Binary Protocol (requires hand control firmware version 3.10+)
· Vixen HTTP Protocol (requires firmware version 1.2 build 31 or newer)
· User selectable NMEA sentences also include: GPGLL, GPZDA*
· Power: 3.6 to 5.5 V @ 45 mA tracking, 80 mA acquisition
· Backup power: 3V rechargeable lithium cell (350 hours)
· Operating temperature: -40 to +85°C (-40 to +185°F)
· Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing